Welcome to the Country Club of Waterbury

In the 1890's, the sport of golf was rapidly growing in popularity throughout America. The city of Waterbury was no different, with the earliest known matches being played in the Spring of 1896 at the West End Golf Links along the east bank of the Naugatuck River, near present-day Colonial Plaza.

This early 9-hole course was created by Waterbury native Arthur Fenn and was well received by both men and women golfers who played regularly at the local course. By 1899, the Waterbury Golf Association had already been formed and less than a decade later would evolve into The Country Club of Waterbury. Read More